An important message from Nipmuk Cultural Preservation:
Nipmuks live on… because of you!
Dear fellow Nipmuk,
Twelve years have passed since we’ve effectively worked together toward our future. Yes, we are still here, but we need a plan to ensure that we always will be. The Nipmuk people do live on because of you and together we can do so much more!
Nipmuks from all families have joined with this common goal in mind and in heart.
Over the past year, we’ve worked together to form the Nipmuk Cultural Preservation, Inc. (NCP), a non-profit, non-political entity.
The mission of the NPC is:
• to identify sites and artifacts important to the history of Nipmuk people and to monitor their disposition.
• to acquire lands identified as significant to Nipmuk history for preservation conservation and/or limited development.
• to develop and sponsor interpretative education programs designed to strengthen the understanding of Nipmuk people.
• to maintain a historical archive of the history of the Nipmuk people and their connected communities.
Some of our immediate goals include:
• Procurement of 42 acres of land in West Brookfield MA which is underway
• Development of a Nipmuk Community Center
• Development of educational programs to benefit the Nipmuk community as well as local communities.
We are dedicated to the process of making that happen but we need your help. As we come to the end of this first year, we hope you will donate at least $10 to help launch these goals successfully. We will use these funds toward the deposit for community land in the name of all Nipmuk people, as well as on-going projects.
Right now, time is of the essence. We do not want to miss this wonderful opportunity to obtain this land. Local community leaders are on board as well as many individuals. Our community is clearly excited and eager to see this succeed. Your family can be a part of that excitement by donating whatever is best for you.
Your donation is a gift for our future … a gift that helps us to preserve our traditions for our children and grandchildren … so our future generations endure, and so others always know and respect who we are. This investment holds immeasurable value in the strengthening of the Nipmuk people.
We want to hear what your interests are as well as your suggestions. Ask questions. Find out more about the NCP on our Facebook page; even better, please join us and get involved. All Nipmuks are welcome. Everyone.
We thank you in advance for your donation. This is your future. Please make your check payable to “EAST QUABBIN LAND TRUST” with “NIPMUK” in the memo line, and mail it asap to: East Quabbin Land Trust. P.O. Box 5, 120 Ridge Road, Hardwick, MA 01037. You can also visit our Facebook page to learn more. Again, thank you in advance for your support and we wish you and yours a happy holiday season.
Nipmuk Cultural Preservation, Inc.
Fred Freeman, Chairperson
Darlene Murphy, Board Secretary
Larry Spotted Crow Mann, Board Treasurer
Lois Boyd, Board Member
Barbi Gardiner, Board Member
Keith Spirit Hawk Riley, Board Member
Cecily Selden, Board Member
Andrea Smith, Board Member
Cheryl Watching Crow Stedtler, Board Member
David TallPine White, Board Member
Ken White, Elder Advisor